View Single Post

Old 05-11-2012, 10:17 PM
gseller gseller is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

gseller is on a distinguished road
Default Can I do this with Microsoft Project

Hello
I'm actually working on several personal projects.
That means basically a lot of projects (over 50) and only 2 resources (customers and me).
So I strongly need a sotware for planning, executing and controlling each one of them and globally, because office and google apps aren't providing me enough control over tasks.
These are the requirements:

1.- Sequence of tasks for every projects are basically the same. Some exceptions have particularities. I know every task duration and dependencies. I need a tool for programming automatically start and completion date of each task of a new project taking into consideration the time I have engaged in the other preexistent projects.
After programming, I'd like to have the chance of make some manual corrections.

2.- When a task is not performed on time, the estimated date of completion for this task and the following should follow the same criteria as for the previous point.
I mean, if I can't complete task today, the software must Not estimate I'll do that work tomorrow and finish it if I have that day engaged in other projects. It should estimate it considering the next free time on my calendar.

3.- If possible, I would like that this schedule was synchronized or at least visible in "google calendar".

Can these requirements be met for Microsoft Project?

Let me know your advanced user opinion.

Thanks.
Paul.