View Single Post

Old 05-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Catalin.B Catalin.B is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit
Expert

Catalin.B is on a distinguished road
Default Excel stops responding after starting macro

Hi,
I have a very weird situation, when using a workbook . The file is located on a shared drive, on an xp home edition. When i open this file from another computer from the network (with vista), and run macros from this file, works fine. Works fine too on xp home with office 2003 basic, and on vista with office 2010 pro (mine), and on an xp pro with office 2003 pro. The problem is that excel stops responding when running a macro on this workbook from 2 computers, with xp pro and office 2003 pro.
The line at which excel stops responding is the .Unprotect method for unprotecting the sheet before making changes in file. The problem is this program worked even on these computers, only a few days ago stopped responding. I suspect an update or local security policies (users on these computers are using limited accounts). I know that this method fails only on protected shared workbooks, but this is not shared, only one user at a time can make changes .
Any advice is highly appreciated...
Catalin
L.E: Excel stops responding and i have to kill the process even under admin account on the 2 computers...

Last edited by Catalin.B; 05-10-2012 at 08:35 AM.