View Single Post

Old 05-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertietheblue View Post
Hi all

I'm searching in a legal agreement in Word for terms that have been defined. They all begin with a capital letter. Is there any easy way of doing this?

At the moment I'm searching by letter, so first A..., then B... etc. My method is to highlight certain common words that are likely to begin a sentence but are not legal definitions, and then search for all other words. So, eg 'Find' all instances of A^$^$ / Format: not highlight (where I've already highlighted words like 'All' and 'Any').

Any more efficient procedure would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Bertie
No better way I can think of. When you find them, you might want to apply a character style that is the same as your base paragraph style. Call it legalterm. Then you will be able to search in the future. You will also be able to change the formatting of all of the terms to say bold + Italic at one time.