View Single Post

Old 04-26-2012, 01:17 PM
michael.fisher5 michael.fisher5 is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

michael.fisher5 is on a distinguished road
Default Rich text/Plain text Content Controls in Template

Charles/Paul:

This is basically solved, but I have one last question. First the solution.

1. To protect text in a template, do not use the Restrict Formatting -Read Only features under Document Protection. Simply put the text you want to protect inside a Content Control and use Content Control Properties to prevent deletion of the control and the contents.

2. Use a Rich Text Content Control if the user might need to change Font or Paragraph feature inside a Content Control.

That is how I solved my two basic problems. I want the template to be as user friendly as possible. To catch the users attention, I used 'CLICK HERE' inside Content Controls where the user enters text. If they click inside the Content Control, the Title pops up with the words 'Click Here to Highlight Text.' This lets the user delete the placeholder text enmass.

It would be nice if I could highlight the placeholder text and have it revert to Arial 12 point font and disappear when text is entered in the content control. I managed that somehow in properties when I used the Protect Document features, but cannot do it now. If you know of a way to to that with my existing template, that would be great. Otherwise, I have a workable template. Thanks again for the assistance. You guys rock.

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip New IKE Scenario Template.zip (17.5 KB, 20 views)