View Single Post

Old 04-25-2012, 05:49 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.fisher5 View Post
Charles - Installed Templates is the name of the folder where the template exists in our server system. The IT folks control that. My users select 'Office Button, New, Installed Templates' and open the template as a document. I suspect that Installed Templates is no different than User Templates. Both are just a folder where the template exists.
Installed templates under the Office Button > New can be a conglomeration of folders. It will include the User Templates folder, which should never be shared because that is where normal.dotm is kept and normal.dotm should never be shared. It can also include a Workgroup Templates folder, which is designed to be shared. See Templates in Microsoft Word You can look in your Word Options (under Office button) > File Locations, to see what folders are actually being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.fisher5 View Post
Yes - I created a new document based on the template. First I created a Word document. Then I created the template from the Word document. Then I added the content controls and placed text in the content controls. Lastly, I set properties for the content controls. It basically works, except for the glitches described.
The way to use your template is to create a new document based on your template. Paul described protection problems he ran into when he tried doing that.