View Single Post

Old 04-24-2012, 04:05 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michael,

I had a look at your attachment. The first thing I noticed is that, upon creating a new document from the template, nothing was editable, due to 'no changes (read-only)' protection being applied and none of the content controls being tagged to allow editing. The next thing I noticed is that all of the content controls are still configured for deletion upon editing, instead of allowing editing and not being deletable. Of course, while you have the 'no changes (read-only)' protection applied, none of the content controls can be deleted anyway, even if 'exceptions' are applied to them.

If you want users to be able to enter multiple bulleted paragraphs under the 'Additional Resources' heading, you're not going to be able to use the 'no changes (read-only)' protection. Your options are to:
1. leave the document unprotected; or
2. apply forms protection and put Section breaks either side of the 'Click here to enter a bullet list' paragraph so that that portion can be left unprotected.
In either case, the content control for the 'Click here to enter a bullet list' paragraph should be configured for deletion upon editing.