View Single Post

Old 04-24-2012, 06:47 AM
michael.fisher5 michael.fisher5 is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

michael.fisher5 is on a distinguished road
Default Rich text/Plain text Content Controls in Template

First - thank you for helping me. My users do not adapt well so I need to get this right or they won't use it.

Charles - Installed Templates is the name of the folder where the template exists in our server system. The IT folks control that. My users select 'Office Button, New, Installed Templates' and open the template as a document. I suspect that Installed Templates is no different than User Templates. Both are just a folder where the template exists. Yes - I created a new document based on the template. First I created a Word document. Then I created the template from the Word document. Then I added the content controls and placed text in the content controls. Lastly, I set properties for the content controls. It basically works, except for the glitches described.

Paul - In my intial attempts at creating a document from my template, the user had to delete the instructional text inside the content control. As I read about properties, I learned that I could make the instructional text disappear as soon as the user entered text into the content control. On the screen, the [ ] remain around the text, but these disappear when you print the document. I did not realize that removen the content control this way also removes the restrictions. That explains why my plain text content control allows line feeds. It does not explain my bullets limitation in the rich text content control, which allows bullets on any line other than the first and the last. I have attached my template as a .zip file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Template_IKE Scenario.zip (19.3 KB, 23 views)