View Single Post

Old 04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
michael.fisher5 michael.fisher5 is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

michael.fisher5 is on a distinguished road
Default Rich text/Plain text Content Controls in Template

My template creates a Word document with text and nothing more. The end result is a narrative report. In 'Restrict Formatting and Editing,' I set Editing restrictions to 'No Changes (Read Only)' and use 'Exceptions' to allow the user to edit the text in the content controls.

Where I want the user to simply complete a sentence, I use the plain text content control, select 'Remove content control when contents are edited' and do not select 'Allow carriage returns.' When I want the user to enter a narrative and provide the option to enter multiple paragraphs and use bullets, I used the Rich Text content control and selected both 'Remove content control when contents are edited' and 'Allow carriage returns.'

I put the template in 'Installed Templates.' When I open the template as a document and enter text in the content contrrols, the plain language content control allows carriage returns, even though I did not select it. The Rich text content control allows carriage returns and bullets, but only after you insert three or more carriage returns and it will not allow bullets for the first or last carriage return.

This is my first template. I managed to solve my other problems reading help screens and trial & error, but after a week, this one has me beat. I would attach my template but this site will not upload a .dotx file.