View Single Post

Old 04-19-2012, 04:23 AM
tatihulot tatihulot is offline Windows 7 Office 2010 (Version 14.0)
Advanced Beginner

tatihulot is on a distinguished road
Default Can I Add Page Numbers in a Header in a Two-Column Document?

Hello. I'm using Office 2010 Home & Student, and have a question about Word.

I've created a list of items that I've converted into a two-column document. There was no difficulty doing that. The document is three pages long.

Now, I need to create a header for it. As of now, that's done. But I also want to number the pages. I'd prefer to have the page numbers inside the header. I have NO idea how to do that.

I did a little bit of research on Google to find out how to do this, but the information doesn't seem to help. One answer was to tab to the right hand side of the header text, choose Page Number, and then select Current Position. Unfortunately, that option is greyed out and unavailable.

Another answer was to tab to the right side of the header text, select Quick Parts, then select Field, then select Page from the list. The FIELD option in the Quick Parts menu is greyed out.

If I simply try to add a page number anywhere in the header text, the header is obliterated, and replaced just with a page number.

So, as of right now, I have no idea what to do, or even if adding a page number within the header is possible with Word 2010.

If anyone knows any viable alternatives, would you be willing to assist me? I'd appreciate it and would be grateful. Thank you! Jd