Thread: [Solved] Word not saving
View Single Post

Old 04-18-2012, 07:10 AM
catseye catseye is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

catseye is on a distinguished road

Neither of the windows utils you mention report any problems. PC Wizard (now also installed) also reports no problems.

I remember with the version saving issue I had with Word 2003(?), I was told the same thing, that more people would have reported it if it were Word. And yet it was Word. Everyone uses tools differently, and everyone's on the narrow end of a bell curve for something.

I have 50+ graphics in one document, most of which are groups composed of around a dozen or so subcomponents. I don't know if that's large enough to cause problems. Certainly, the *interface* of Word has problems with this. E.g. selecting and positioning of various elements is a regular pain, which I'm prepared to put up with to a point. But it suggests the handling of these is a bit of an afterthought. Which might also suggest that the memory handling of these might also be a little fragile.

Or it might, as you say, be a software conflict. At the moment, though, I'm thinking it is Word.

P.S. A new development. "Word encountered a serious problem with OneNote linked notes add in..." (or words to that effect.) I have disabled that add in. (Although disabling all add ins previously did not solve the main problem.)