View Single Post

Old 04-09-2012, 10:06 AM
mwildem mwildem is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

mwildem is on a distinguished road
Default Bullets Pasted Between Documents Don't Take on Destination Styles

Another dept in my company has created custom bullet styles in a Word 2003 template. To automatically convert text created in the 2003 format into a different 2010 format, I haved created a Word 2010 template with the exact same style names as the 2003 template but with different style definitions - bullet character, paragraph spacing and indent settings. But when I copy text created off the Word 2003 template and paste it into a Word 2010 document, with the Use Destination Styles set, the pasted bulleted text retains the original formatting (style settings), not the destination formatting. If I then click on a bulleted line in the 2010 doc, choose Select Text with Similar Formatting, and then apply the appropriate 2010 bulleted style, the correct formatting is applied. So it appears that in the paste process, the destination styles are not actually being applied. All other non-bulleted styles behave properly - they take on the destination styles formatting. The problem is only with the bulleted styles. Is it possible this is a Word glitch - that bullet style settings can't actually adopt Destination document style settings?