View Single Post

Old 04-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Straitsfan Straitsfan is offline Mac OS X Office 2007
Advanced Beginner

Straitsfan is on a distinguished road
Default auto spell check keep shutting off

Okay, this driving me fricking crazy. It seems that ever time I open up word 2002 (I'm using XP) the auto correct/spell checker language feature DOES NOT WORK -- I have to go to the menu and manually select English as the language that I want -- AND EVEN THEN FOR SOME REASON IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY DESELECT IT AND I HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE MENU AND SELECT IT.

I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I will switch back between word and open office, but I haven't used OO for a couple of days. I have tried choosing English as the default language, but that doesn't help. I can't tell if something is going on only in certain part of the document or what -- and I can't seem to find any keyboard shortcut to manually turn it on again. Is there some formatting thing that's affecting it (because some parts of my document are in bold and others regular) I'm also getting a message sometimes saying that word cannot find the spelling dictionary ms32.dll or something like that. I've missed words when this happens because sometimes I forget that the spell checker/language isn't on. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason when this happens.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here? What am I missing? Is there some other feature that I need to select or what? This is so annoying. I HATE WINDOWS