View Single Post

Old 03-28-2012, 07:56 PM
mark-gabb mark-gabb is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

mark-gabb is on a distinguished road

i dont think they are all neccicary but i dont know VBA well enough to try and reduce them....

basically this board is a work to try and improve patient flow in the hospital i work for

its a running sheet that shows the patients and referals on PSAG sheet...
and copies itself over to the handover with important information to be printed off once per shift for the staff to carry around with them

most of the macros are used connected to the arrows down the left hand side.... they are for discharge, when you click on it it asks if your sure then erases all patient data off both PSAG and Handover. i couldnt think i of a way to make it work where you just select a patient and click on a single discharge and have it translate correctly on the next sheet...

another macro or set of macros is tied to the colour boxes on the top of the screen

if you click under a area or profession and then click a colour it just changes the colour of the cell...

this is used as a trafic light system for referals to make tracking easier...

the other two macros are for repairs when they move patients around corrupting the formulas so you click it to make the formatting and formulas replace themselves and start working again

the other one is to fix the borders and cell spacing incase people play with them

my biggest issue people playing with all the stuff and erasing formulas and adding columbs and rows when there is no need for it....

original idea was to use shared workbook and have our services for referals be able to view and update referals from there desktop but i could never get it to work properly with the macros in place...

any other information about the board please feel free to ask