View Single Post

Old 03-23-2012, 02:52 AM
mjcoon mjcoon is offline Windows XP Office XP
Novice

mjcoon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
Hi Mike,

The captialization is standard behaviour.

The paste behaviour suggests the pasting is being done as unformatted text, though I'd only expect tabs from a copied row, now from a column - which should produce separate paragraphs.

Have you checked what addins Word is running - and have you installed any recently?
Hi again. Yes, I realised later that Word is just trying to be helpful as if I was typing a capitalised sentence and "i" on its own must be "I".

I have never knowingly installed Word add-ins though one often gets offered browser add-ins. Checking using Tools->Templates and Add-ins and the Global add-in list shows as empty.

Agreed it is not quite so surprising that copying a row gets the whole row (though still it should be still in table format). That is why I highlighted a column.

However I have just repeated the experiment on a new document, and that part of the anomaly does not happen. A single column copies into three lines of text each with the content of just the highlighted column(s). At least that means that I can duplicate a column in the table which is one of the things I routinely do. I have no idea how this change (improvement!) in behaviour, which was a major part of my frustration, has come about.

But not being able to copy a table as a table is still a major pain!

Mike.