Thread: [Solved] Heading numbering anomaly
View Single Post

Old 03-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Ulodesk Ulodesk is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Word 2013 Expert Cert

Ulodesk is on a distinguished road
Default New aspect

Paul, my thanks for your suggestions. I scanned the sites you linked, though I was unable to discover directly pertinent information, most of what I found pertaining to 2003 and before, and to crashing issues.
However, I have since discovered a new aspect of the issue. Having sent both good and bad files to my home computer, which Office 2007 and exhibits the same problem experienced by my colleague, I opened the headings list style in one of the problem documents, opened the number formatting dialogue, and found that the list looked fine. After closing it, the document headings instantly regained their proper numbers! This also worked on my 2010 office computer.
Does this suggest something specific to anyone? My problem is that final documents sometimes go out to clients, who sometimes specify a certain version of Word. Many may be running 2007; compliance obviates sending instructions for fixing a proposal's headings to clients.

If necessary, I can recreate the headings in 2007 and bring them into 2010, of course, and see if that has any effect. I’m just very curious about this and hope to discover the reason.
Anyone?