Thread: [Solved] Cell formatting
View Single Post

Old 04-21-2009, 02:54 AM
Novice

Niko is on a distinguished road

Actually, while we're on the topic, I wonder if I may post a question

If you have specific rules created, as in my case, any cell that contains "N" make it red, any that contain "Y" make it green.

Now, if you are constanty adding in Y's and N's to the sheet, and then copying the tables each subsequent week and only changing the dates....does it also copy the rules for the new table??

The reason I'm asking is because we have such a sheet in place. We copy the data and change the Y's & N's appropriately for each day of the week, and only the dates change, nothing else.

This spreadsheet has recently become dog slow, doesn't function properly and crashes out whenever you try to copy and paste a new table. Because you showed me how to create the rules for the cell formatting, I went in and had a look.....and there must be over 1000 rules in there, add to the fact there are 7 other worksheets within the spreadsheet that use the same rule, so they all have there own 700 or 1000 number of rules.

This must be why the sheet has become unworkable, slows and crashes out my machine. Can I delete all the rules and just add in two new rules for Y and N appropriatly? Or will it just start creating copies of these rules each week we copy the table??

Sorry for the long winded post, but this will help in not needing to create a new sheet if its the excessive number of rules that are causing this problem.

Cheers