Thread: [Solved] Default language
View Single Post

Old 04-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Novice

george1981 is on a distinguished road
Default Default language

Hello,
I was wondering if someone can help me. I've recently been upgraded to Office 2007 and am now using Outlook 2007 for my email. I've got a problem with the default language used for the spell check. It keeps setting itslelf to English US, however as I'm from England I want it to be English UK. I've tried everything I can think of to change it to English UK but whenever I restart Outlook English US is back as the language used for the spell check. I've tried contacting our PC support people but they haven't been able to help. None of their suggestions work, and whenever I press them to get it fixed they tell me that all their suggestions work on their machines but not mine, however I haven't been able to persuade them to fix find out what is different about my machine.
Any suggestions? I think it might be something to do with the Group Policies but I can't change these myself.
I only get this problem when I compose an email myself, when I reply to someone else I don't have it.
I've attached a screen dump of how I change the default language. You can see that both English US and English UK are set as the editing language. When I try to set English UK as the editing language I get told this will affect all documents using the NORMAL template. However when I restart Outlook I'm back to using English US.
Thanks
George
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Full page fax print.pdf (112.3 KB, 18 views)