View Single Post

Old 02-12-2012, 12:57 PM
turak turak is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

turak is on a distinguished road
Default I found out how to do it

I traced the problem back to a year ago... the guy at the shop monkeyed with my MS word 2003: he put in some garbage version without notifying me.

The MS word I have now doesn't have the 'save as previous' button... but I finally managed to find out how to create a new chapter heading on a document.

You won't believe it but in order to start a new chapter heading: I have to leave my mouse indicator at the end of a chapter and then I go to Page Setup and click on 'Preview' and then click on " This Point Forward".

This effectively jumps my mouse- point over into a new page that is now... are you ready?... a new section in the document that has been magically created, without me going to 'Insert' and clicking on 'break' and going to the 'section break' part and clicking on 'Next Page'!!

Then once my mouse pointer is on the OTHER side of this section break that was somehow magically created, I click on the 'Link to Previous' button in order to BREAK the existing link between the header to the rest of the document's headers.

All this is done WITHOUT a 'same as previous button' because there is none.

I have no clue which edition of MS word I now have on my computer, but it sure as hell isn't the one I had a year ago before I sent it to that @#$%^ ... I can't even find it on my 'Add/Remove' programs or anywhere else on my computer. He embedded this newer pirated version of Word and didn't leave a trace of where it is. I'm even missing MS Office now, which Word is supposed to be a part of. I found out how to fix the problem after 16 hours of hunting and searching every possible avenue.

If you know which version of MS Word works like this does, let me know.