View Single Post

Old 02-09-2012, 06:09 AM
ketanco ketanco is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Expert

ketanco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieS View Post
Did the resources log work during the split? If so, record the Actual work in the Task Usage or Resource Usage view during the gap. Add it to the right hand side of the view.

Julie
the answer to your question is no, i mean i think not because i never assigned any resources to anything on this project yet. all i had done was to assign fixed costs to activities thats all.

but i managed to solve my problem by simply dragging the right end of the left bar towards the right bar and then simply joined them and solved my problem

but there is still something i dont understand. when i manually pulled the end of the bar and made them join, i looked at the changed columns for that activity and i saw that the duration, actual duration, % complete columns have been changed. so to try i undid the dragging of the bar, and then changed those three columns to see if it will also close the split but this time they did not close it but just made one of the bars longer and kept the gap same. so although i entered values similar to when i closed the gap manually, this did not work. i dont understand why....