View Single Post

Old 02-08-2012, 08:55 AM
ketanco ketanco is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Expert

ketanco is on a distinguished road
Default Meaning of current date vs status date when saving baselines

Hello,

After I scheduled a project beginning of this january, which was supposed to start at that time, nothing happened on the job and I also did not update my schedule either. I also had not saved any baseline at that time.

Now it is a month later and the job is starting and I was told to save a baseline showing our original plan start dates of beginning of january, like in the original schedule I made. But of course when I reopened my project file right now, it is showing the current date of beginning of february, and no status date as I did not assign any before. Now when I want to save a baseline with the january start dates, do I need to make the current date back to beginning of january? Or the current date can stay as today, beginning of february, because the status date is still showing n/a anyway and when I save the original baseline it will still save everything with the data I made a month ago? Because right now the only change in the entire file is the current date, I have not made any changes at all yet. So when I save baseline it will save the original dates of january start correct?

And then I was told to save a 2nd baseline, which should reflect the start date of actual condition, which is today. So to do that, after saving basline1, I will first make the status date today, and schedule all activities not started to start after status date, and then I will need to save baseline 1 correct?

Thanks