View Single Post

Old 01-27-2012, 03:03 PM
kenglade kenglade is offline Mac OS X Office for Mac 2011
Novice

kenglade is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I should have been more explicit. When I try it I get: "Run-time error 4605, This method of property is not available because the object spans a frame or note boundary." And then it tries to debug.

Re MS, Word bills itself as a tool for writers. I'm writing a book with about 30 chapters. Publishers don't like to publish with the end notes at the end of each chapter. What they do is move them from the end of each chapter to a document in the back of the book usually called "Chapter Notes" or just "notes." I can do this as far as the endnotes are concerned but the original document does not have the superscript number at the desired location. Rather it has "aXa" and I don't know of a way to change that back to the old superscript. If I could just remove the end notes that might help but Word won't let me do that. I'm a writer, not a computer whiz. There may be some way but I just don't understand and I can't find anything on the web to help. It seems very shortsighted on MS to allow the creation of endnotes without a way to manipulate them. Do you know how?

Saludos,
Ken