View Single Post

Old 01-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Big Ry Big Ry is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

Big Ry is on a distinguished road
Default Problem suddenly developed with captions

I'm writing my thesis, and I'm just about finished the main body of the report. I have about 100 figures in it. I've been using Word's caption/cross-reference feature which has not been a problem. I started working on my appendices by first creating the appendices using headings 6-9. Then I proceeded to insert figures and caption them. I did not realize that this was a problem in Word and that I needed to create an entirely new label for the appendix figures. So all 100+ figures in my report converted to the A.xx format! I searched for a couple hours for a way to change them all back at once (couldn't "undo" it because I didn't notice it for some time), but I ultimately ended up having to edit the field for each caption and switch them back to the Heading 1" StyleRef.

Enter the new problem...now, I'm trying to go back to my 1st chapter and add a few more figures. When I do so, I get "Error! Use the Home tab to apply 0 to the text that you want to appear here." instead of "1" for my chapter number. That error then carries itself through the rest of the figures. When I go to "edit field" the StyleRef is defaulted to "Appendix 1". I've looked through the settings for a way to change this, but I've come up with nothing. How do I fix this issue?