View Single Post

Old 03-24-2009, 03:39 AM
Novice

Sappho is on a distinguished road
Default Paper size options have disappeared

I'm really stuck on this one. I am on a Vista laptop purchased in America, with the American version of Microsoft Word 2003. It has never given me trouble before.

I am currently living in Switzerland and need to print something out on A5 paper. I have the default set to A4 paper, and I remember that when I changed it from letter to A4, there was a whole huge list of international sizes to choose from. Now as I'm going back into the page setup > paper to change it to A5, the list is almost completely gone. My options are limited to letter, legal, A4, A3, B4, and B5. Where did the rest of my options go?

I could set it to custom and change the size manually, but because the computer was bought in America it uses imperial rather than metric measurements, and I couldn't set it exactly to the right size because it's in inches, not centimeters. I tried to change all my regional settings to Swiss ones, but I can't figure out how to change that.

If anyone has any idea what happened here and how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks a lot.