View Single Post

Old 01-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Marrick13 Marrick13 is offline Windows XP Office 2010 32bit
Competent Performer

Marrick13 will become famous soon enough
Default Loop through listboxes in Application.OrganizerCopy

Hi Macropod,

Thanks for the code. It's true that error 4198 is a new message, but I wanted to be able to copy the built-in styles - is that not "allowed"? The Word Organizer can copy them, and the purpose of this app is to mimic the Organizer but improve its limitations by copying styles to multiple files and by not defaulting source and target folders to templates and template-type files.

I did discover an error in the code when choosing "Show only styles in use" but just fixed it. However, if I choose "Show all styles" and select the "Template for Headings 1-2.doc" as the source, I get 8 styles. If I click "Show only styles in use" and select the same file, I get 29 styles.

I must have had the idea that styles in use would be equal to or less than the built-ins, but perhaps not. So is there a way to copy multiple built-in styles to multiple files? The target files will likely have the same built-in styles, but of course some of the source built-in styles could be different from the target ones, and this is why I want to mass copy them as well.

I've attached the repaired application so you can see the changes.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Style Copier Application (Jan 9 2012).doc (98.0 KB, 30 views)