View Single Post

Old 01-07-2012, 10:58 AM
LuigiHikari LuigiHikari is offline Windows Vista Office 2007
Novice

LuigiHikari is on a distinguished road
Default Generic-Mailbox generating Alerts

Hello everyone,

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007.
I'm in a company, it is not home but a business.

Context:
We have a generic-mailbox. I am not sure if that is how you call it. Allow me to explain what it is.

It is a business mailbox, my team's mailbox. It is not in anyone's computer, it is set up for remote access. Every person of my team have this mailbox mapped in their outlook, added via the Account Settings -> Additional Mailboxes. I believe it is set in the company's server.

Issue:
Since it is a generic-mailbox, Outlook's Alerts - such as the pop-up feature - and the Rules and Alerts - that filter incoming e-mail - don't work.

To know there are new e-mails on this box, we have to keep Outlook up. Our work requires us to find and act on these e-mails with 15 minutes top so we really need to keep an eye on this.

Possible solutions:
  • Have this generic-mailbox generate the Pop-up Alert, so it would pop-up and we'd see fast there's a new mail
  • Automatically forward all e-mails to another e-mail account (eg.: mine) so the Pop-Up is generated.
  • Other alerts, such as Sound.
Since this is a big company, we cannot really install add-ons if they are unnoficial or from questionable backgrounds. But I can try it as a last resource.

If anyone have any suggestions, I'd be much grateful.

Thank you very much.