Thread: [Solved] calculating duration
View Single Post

Old 12-15-2011, 07:32 AM
JulieS JulieS is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Expert

JulieS will become famous soon enough

Ketanco wrote:
understood. so when i set basline, the baseline start and finish will be updated and will stay that way forever if i dont update that baseline.

Yes.
Ketanco wrote:
and i can then set difffernet baselines baselinle 2 3 4 and so on if i want to. so basline start finihs etc are not for entering dates but just to show correct?
Yes. They are for calculation of variance. Baseline Finish - Finish = Finish Variance.

Ketanco wrote:
when i set basline, i didnt understand set interim plan and selected tasks options,. can you explain?

Interim plans allow you to copy baseline data from one baseline to another. For example, you've planned your project, baselined and started tracking. Then you are told that a key resource that you had planned on having available is not available to you for a month. You wish to preserve the original baseline for comparison later -- so before you re-plan, you save the baseline by copying it into Baseline1. You then replan your project -- without the key resource and re-baseline. You replace the original baseline, so variance is now on the new baseline, but you still have the first baseline preserved in Baseline1.