View Single Post

Old 12-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Colonel Biggs Colonel Biggs is offline Windows Vista Office 2000
Advanced Beginner

Colonel Biggs is on a distinguished road

Sir Macropod - Super Moderator:

I always appreciate follow-ups. Forums such as these, particularly going back to the earlier ones of years past, got me through the headaches of Windows 95, 98 et al.

It was Suzanne Barnhill (Word MVP) who suggested to me years ago (i.e., on the old Word forum) to use frames once I had inserted pictures. I was writing a book at the time on the overhaul of Model "A" Ford carburetors (late night reading only...), and was having a problem with the positioning of photos. I no longer recall the specifics of her suggestion, as it pertained to why frames, or why not.

My complaint with the jumping of images is a personal one, I suppose. My mindset says that once I place an image on the page, it should remain as postioned until I change it, resize it, or reposition it. Unless I want the image to be moved along with a specific paragraph, I'd like to have it remain in place.

When I am using only a single image on a page, I can live with the bumping, despite the inconvenience. It's when I have placed multiple images on a page that the frustration sets in. Where no text is being used in these instances, I will try your suggestion of using page breaks.

My thanks again for the time taken to respond.

Gordon
Houston, Texas