View Single Post

Old 12-06-2011, 06:54 PM
lordofscones lordofscones is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

lordofscones is on a distinguished road

Just italics is fine for now. I suppose I can always add other formatting if required down the road.

It does something...but not quite right. I seems to apply formatting at the character level, so a word may end up half italics if the positioning is not exact, or a word in the same place in the target document will get the italics, even though it is not italics in the source.

I guess the problem here is that the documents no longer match at the character level. In taking out all the formatting, there are not the same number of blank lines, no page/section breaks and so forth, so I imagine this will make it difficult to make them tally exactly.

Is there any way to do the same thing at a high level--with word-level matching? Do-able?

An alternative may be for the macro to ignore everything except alphanumerics? Perhaps that would remove the difference in formatting?

I do appreciate the help so far. Even that is enough to get me started. I'm even going to have a stab at modifying the macro myself with my ancient rudimentary programming skills...fingers crossed.