View Single Post

Old 12-04-2011, 09:29 PM
MME1122 MME1122 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

MME1122 is on a distinguished road
Default Microsoft Office Activation Questions

Hello everybody,

First and foremost, I have Office 2010 on my current laptop, but I'll most likely be selling it and purchasing a new one. Can I transfer my license and install Office on the new machine with the same product key?

The license was purchased as a physical disc from a retail store with 3 products keys in it. It was the office home and student edition. Since I'm a student, I upgraded one of those keys to office 2010 Professional Academic. This gave me a new product key, which is what I'm using now. As far as I know, the original product key cannot be used on another computer. The other two licenses are being used for other laptops.

Which brings me to my next question.

I remember reading that with each product key, you are allowed one 'stationary device', such as a desktop and one 'mobile device', such as a laptop. Can anybody confirm this for me? How does it work, and would the product be fully featured on both machines?

Ideally, I would like to use my professional academic license on my desktop and my new laptop, and then on of the other 2 keys on a laptop and a netbook.

I'd appreciate any help on this, since Microsoft's support is very difficult to use and the licensing is difficult to understand. Thank you