View Single Post

Old 11-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Firefox1701 Firefox1701 is offline Windows 7 Office 2007
Advanced Beginner

Firefox1701 is on a distinguished road

When I attempt to do this, a message-box comes up that says, 'Sites added to this zone must use the https:// prefix. This prefix assures a secure connection.' I can over-ride this by un-checking the 'require server verification for all sites in this zone' box, but then I'm not sure if that defeats the object; or, I can un-check the box, add 'pop3.live.com' and then re-check the box, but I'm not sure whether that would work either.

Also, when I click on the 'custom level' tab, 'automatically log on using credentials' is not an option, or at least not worded that way. There are four possible options under 'User authentication > Logon'; 'Anonymous logon', 'Automatic logon only in intranet zone' ( at present, this one is selected - by default, I presume, since I've never selected it manually ), 'Automatic logon with current username and password', or finally, 'Prompt for user name and password'. I should point out that there are eleven separate e-mail accounts set up within Outlook, and it is currently set to check all eleven of these for incoming mail ( and send any outgoing mail ) every time it does a scheduled send / receive, which is once a minute.

As mentioned previously - and speaking, I'm sure, on behalf of the innumerable other people who have experienced the same problem - any help in this area would be appreciated, so if you can shed any further light on the situation given this information, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for your assistance.