View Single Post

Old 11-04-2011, 05:41 AM
jujuwillis jujuwillis is offline Windows XP Office 2010 32bit
Advanced Beginner

jujuwillis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Revised Document - Alignment Issues

Please find attached revised document

You may wish to show paragraph marks and other hidden formatting symbols to review the changes I have made between your document and the revised one.

This can be found on Home Tab|Paragraph Group - the icon looks like a backwards P.

The paragaph under both of the Title were formatted with a spacing of 10pt after, however one was multiple 1.15 and the other was single - I have changed them both to single.

You have your ........ paragraphs as centred with the ...... typed in. I have removed your typed .... and replace them with a tab, right aligned with a ..... leader and have left aligned them.

You will find the dialog box for Tabs under Home Tab|Paragraph Group, click and the grey arrow in the bottom right hand corner of this group, which will bring up the dialog box, Tabs button can be found left bottom corner.

However, on the ruler you will find in the top most left hand side a small box, click this box changes the tab type and the tabs can also be set on the margin.

At the end of the first column I have inserted a column break after the paragraph following the heading Announcements. This can be found on the Page Layout Tab|Page Setup Group|Breaks. I have also removed unnecessary blank paragraphs.

You may wish to revise your margins as they are very close to the edge, unless your printer permits printing that close. If you have to change your margins, you will also have to adjust the tabs for your paragraphs with ...... leaders.

On of my favourite Icons in the MS Office Suite is the format painter, which once you have adjusted one paragraph you can use this to format the other paragraphs, instead of repeating the actions to make them indentical. This Icon can be found on Home Tab|Clipboard Group - it looks like a paint brush.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Doc revised.docx (19.5 KB, 9 views)