View Single Post

Old 10-16-2011, 04:00 AM
fculshaw fculshaw is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

fculshaw is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with new installation of Outlook 2007

I have the most annoying problem with a new installation on a new laptop. I installed Outlook from my Office Professional package but whilst importing my files from my online download a 'blip' seemed to happen and it got stuck. So I de-installed Office and reinstalled. However the pst file I was importing still tries to import so I can't start from scratch again and just cannot access Outlook at all.

What is happening visually is that it seems to be stuck on the 'Tasks' import as the small flags on the right hand side of the screen are just scrolling through but not adding anything, it seems to just be stuck. I can't click on anything with outlook I can't even restore it from the taskbar, to view it, I have to minimise all other programs which are open. I have no idea what to do next!

I have ctrl alt del several times and this is not helping as it just tries to repair itself and then gets in the same mess. At no time can I intervene in the process

HELP! I'm a freelancer and need this up and running for tomorrow to get back to work.