Thread: Multiple Issues
View Single Post

Old 10-12-2011, 08:46 AM
maxiD maxiD is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2007
Novice

maxiD is on a distinguished road
Default Multiple Issues

Hi,

I'm sorry if this question is stupid, but I really feel stupid not working out a solution for this myself:

A few years ago, I opened a small business, let's say its called "123".

I needed Outlook (Exchange) as I am continously working from different locations across different countries.

So I started using "me@123.COM" from a Hosted Exchange Provider, I have slowly expanded my mailbox and am now at 15GB.

Earlier this year, my company "123" got bought over by another company which I now work for called "789", and now I need to use me@789.com as my e-mail address.

In 789 (because of the nature of the business), we do not have Exchange, we use POP3.

I still need to use Exchange because of my travelling, and usage of multiple computers.

So what I've done as a workaround is set up my main computer in the office to download the e-mails from my POP3 account at "me@789.com", and deliver them to my inbox on Exchange which is still exists for my "me@123.com"

This way I can get all my e-mails on Exchange.

But I'm now facing several problems which I hope you can help me solve:
1) I can't "Reply From" me@789.com unless I'm using my computer in the office. So everytime I need to answer e-mails sent to me at me@789.com, I have to use Remote Access to connect to my work computer just so I can reply back from the right e-mail address - this is ridiculous and doesn't work well for me because i can't do offline replies. Any way to set up Outlook on my other computers so that I can reply from "me@789.com"?

2) I also use a blackberry, i've set up 2 accounts on it - 1 for my hosted exchange account "me@123.com" and 1 for my POP3 account "me@789.com" my blackberry keeps buzzing all day because it get's the message when it comes through on "me@789.com" and then again when it get's "pulled" by my Exchange mailbox. Has anyone faced a similar problem? Any suggestions for a solution?

3) 789 is a much larger company and now I get CC'ed into e-mails all day, I really need to have a record of a lot of my e-mails, but with the quantity of the copied e-mails I get - and the max size of my exchange account (15gb), I can't keep a lot anymore, so I archive them to several PST's on my main computer in the office. However this is a manual process, and now I have so many PST's I can't keep track of them, and often because of the size of my OST, my outlook crashes and then has to re-start which takes 2-3 hours while it repairs the OST and PST files. Also it's not ideal because if I'm away from the office for several weeks, my mailbox get's too full and I have to keep going through remote access to archive. Has anyone faced a similar problem? Any suggestions for a solution?

Thanks in Advance for your advice!