View Single Post

Old 01-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Shirley Munro Shirley Munro is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

Location: Originally from Scotland and now living in Melbourne, Australia
Shirley Munro is on a distinguished road
Default Possible Virus in Word which alters formatting of entire document

Hi

If someone can help me with this then it will solve a problem which I have encountered intermittently for several years. I have a fairly long document, 20 pages or more which has nothing more that text and formatting in it. When I go to change formatting, for example of bullets or bold some text, the entire documents gets bullets applied to it or the entire document becomes bold. In addition, it increase the size of the Footer area. Clicking on the Undo button will reverse this but in turn the file size gets increased every time this happen. Once this has happened to the file once it is impossible to stop it happening. I have tried copying and pasting to an entirely new file but the problem still occurs. I have even tried scanning in the entire document but this has not helped either.

I am attaching 2 images - one of the text I was working with before I tried to add in one more bullet point at the end and the second image illustrates what it does when I do this.

I have spoken to Microsoft Support in Australia regarding this issue but got nowhere.

This is not a new or recent problem. I have experienced this on very odd occasions for at least 5 years now.

I would really appreciate any help that I can get as I cannot find any solution to the problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before Formatting.jpg (23.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg After Formatting.jpg (28.8 KB, 23 views)