View Single Post

Old 10-05-2011, 06:49 PM
bh24524 bh24524 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

bh24524 is on a distinguished road

Alright, we're onto something. I'm sorry you had to do this for me. This is advanced stuff by many people's standards and I'm really lucky if I'm an intermediate user. I did want to ask though, can we also have a check number field in the letter when it is applicable? Sorry I hadn't mentioned that before. Anyway, what I did was I moved your Word mail merge file into my WSM folder and I linked it to the spreadsheet that was already in there as the data source. I made sure in the spreadsheet to sort it how you had it sorted in the spreadsheet you emailed back to me. I did a test finish and merge and everything was great except for the fact that oddly, on the letter for last donor, Word of Life Ministries it did not have the ending lines of the letter. Here is all that it had up to:

Word Of Life Ministries October 5, 2011
4497 Pennsylvania 136
Greensburg, Pa 15601

Dear Word Of Life Ministries,

The Westmoreland School of Ministry would like to thank you for your generous donation(s) listed below:

Date Donation
1/1/2011 1 Classroom(s) Rent-free

I saw that it did have the closing statement in the merge you generated, but I of course can't use that merge as I wi
ll be adding donations to the one I currently have for the remaining months this year. It is only one letter, so if I have to, I CAN just paste the remaining lines into the last document, but I figured I would check. So anyway if you could just let me know about the check number fields mentioned above that would be great. Thank you so much for doing this for me and again, I'm sorry I was unable to comprehend it.