View Single Post

Old 09-30-2011, 09:16 AM
abw1987 abw1987 is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

abw1987 is on a distinguished road
Default Custom field formula not working at summary task level

Hello,

I am having trouble getting a custom formula on a Text field to work at the summary task level.

Attached you will find an example Project Plan which contains the following fields:
  • Task Name/Duration/Start/Finish/Predecessors - these are obvious
  • % Complete (Planned) - this is just the % Complete field, automatically populated based on the Status Date of 10/12/11
  • % Complete (Actual) - this is a Text field with manually-entered percentages representing actual completion
  • Color - a visual representation comparing the Planned and Actual % Complete columns based on a custom formula. It's pretty straightforward, but the colors represent the following:
    • White: actual completion is marked 100%
    • Green: task has begun, and Actual completion is no more than 10% behind Planned completion
    • Yellow: task has begun, and Actual completion is between 10% and 20% behind Planned completion
    • Red: task has begun, and Actual completion is more than 20% behind Planned completion
    • Black: task has not yet begun
The problem is, you will notice no colored circle is appearing next to the summary task (row 1). If I remove the graphical indicators and just display the underlying value, still nothing appears in this row (i.e., I am not getting an error; there is just no value appearing).

Does anyone have an idea on how to get this formula to calculate for the summary task rows?

FYI - the formula I am using is below, though I doubt it matters:
Code:
IIf([Status Date]<[Start],"Black",IIf(val([Text2])<100,IIf(val([Text2])<([% Complete]-20),"RED",IIf(val([Text2])<([% Complete]-10),"YELLOW","GREEN")),"WHITE"))
Many thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ExampleProject.zip (24.4 KB, 23 views)