View Single Post

Old 07-30-2011, 02:42 PM
angharad09@gmail.com angharad09@gmail.com is offline Mac OS X Office for Mac 2011
Novice

angharad09@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default cursor jumps to top when scrolling past table

Hi, I've seen this problem for years, through three versions of Word for the Mac (2004, 2008, 2011), and it seems to be getting worse. I haven't found a solution anywhere else and I thought I'd try y'all. When I scroll through a document and the cursor gets near a table, it jumps to the top of the document.

Just to rule out a few things:
This has happened on a zillion different documents, I've installed and reinstalled Word, there are no bookmarks or hyperlinks involved. Back in the pre-2011 days, when you could sometimes "heal" a document by selecting everything but the last paragraph mark and pasting it into a new document, that fix did not work for this problem. I don't think it's ever happened on a document I created myself. It may happen more frequently on documents received from Asia, but I'm not sure.

Obviously I've survived it, but it's a heck of a productivity drain. If anyone has a clue on what this is or how to stop it, I'd really appreciate it.