View Single Post

Old 12-09-2008, 01:27 AM
Novice

steve812 is on a distinguished road

New here and feel your pain! I have been fighting numerous viruses for the past week and a half. The virus softwares would not clean up one called "RootKit.zlob" Malwarebytes would just sit there and do nothing. I believe this was because the Backdoor Trojan I received during a Buffer Overflow set many of the important files "Permissions" to the hacker. The only way I could remove these files was to reset permissions and then I could delete. Anyway after getting my system back up in somewhat decent shape I noticed I too have the FileError_22001 on a ton of my hard worked and time consuming documents. Here is something I picked up off the web on the .fcd file. Looks like the hacker created CD-ROM files for what was once our .doc and other type documents. Just need to figure out how to convert or read them. FYI-the .fcd files and some registry changes indicate that this problem may be using some old protocols (Legacy and .fcd) that our virus programs are not looking for or just overlooking them because they think the programs are legit.

I'm gonna keep plucking away at this and see what I can come up with.

FYI-when looking at the document encoding it's coming up as Japanese??

FCD File Extension - Open .FCD files