View Single Post

Old 07-06-2011, 02:06 AM
mikeprent mikeprent is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

mikeprent is on a distinguished road
Default Mail Merge - If a field is black, take the data from the row below?

Hello,

I apologise if this is a really stupid question but I just cannot figure out how to achieve this!

I am using the eBay sales history csv file to create a mail merge for invoices. It works perfectly unless a buyer has purchased more than one item.

The CSV is formatted so that each individual record is downloaded into a row with all the necessary information i.e. buyer details and items purchased.

The trouble comes when a person purchases more than one item. If a person purchases two items which are different (i.e. combines postage on multiple items), eBay generates three rows, each with the same record number. The first row contains the address details of the buyer but no item detail then the two rows below contain the items purchased, one per line. The rows which contain the actual purchased items does not contain the address details.

What I would like to achieve is an invoice that lists all the items of a particular sale. In my head I would achieve this by saying "if" more than one row contains the same sales record number, merge all of their "items" to a single invoice in the form of a table.

If this possible?

Many thanks

Mike