Old 06-25-2011, 03:40 AM
Jamal NUMAN Jamal NUMAN is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Expert

Jamal NUMAN is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
Hi Jamal,

I don't see anything strange about the layout in the image you posted. The space after the end of the paragraph is probably being partly controlled by the 'before' space setting of the paragraph that follows.

As a civil engineer, I doubt that you became proficient using AutoCAD and ArcGIS without some training - whether formal or informal (the latter including regular use). The same applies to Word: If you want to use it proficiently, you need to take the time to learn how to do so. The reason you don't find many people who are proficient in using Word is that most organisations don't value it. Managers think that, if you can use a keyboard and mouse, you can use Word. Sure, that is true for basic typing, but not for professional document development. I say this as someone who never received any formal training for Word (in most respects, I'm still a two-finger typist!).

Hi Paul,

I entirely agree with what you have mentioned, unfortunately, the majority think that Word is just to type few words and that's it. for me i consider Word to be "easy, but rather difficult" and is quite confusing!!! Word requires skills the same amount that other software do. all how are using it in shallow way will never taste how deep it is. The more i know and learn new functions and features in Word environment, the more i realize that i don't know!!!!!

For the time being, I'm trying to edit my dissertation (for MSc degree) by myself!!! it is an actual experience to find out the capabilities of Word and how can i control all the elements inside so that the output can be similar with other professional and high quality edited periodicals. My dissertation doesn't exceed 12,000 words but I'm writing as well some posts in Word Forum to get some help!!!!

by the way, I'm again stuck with the issue of spacing!!! please, see the attached image.

why word behave in such way? the space between the number (1.9) and the word that follows is not the same as the space after the number (1.10) and the word that follows!!!!!!

how to make them with same space regardless whether the number is one digit or two digits!!!!

regards

Jamal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clip_282.jpg (131.9 KB, 15 views)