View Single Post

Old 12-04-2008, 01:44 AM
Novice

cj turner is on a distinguished road
Default FileError_22001 - New virus??

[Admin note] Verified solution has been posted by strij on page 2.

Since Saturday, November 29/08 all of my Word and Excel documents display this message when I open them and the author of each document has been changed to Yanni with a creation date of Nov. 29. I took my laptop to a virus expert yesterday and he has not been able to trace the source of the problem or remove it - he is totally stumped!! When I first found it on Monday there were only 3 posts on the internet about this error message and this has now grown to 3 pages. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing and have you found an explanation or solution? I had McAfee protection software which has obviously been totally useless. My expert tells me that now new viruses come in on the backside of cookies when you open infected websites and that none of the anti-virus software companies have any way to stop it. I opened a site on Saturday afternoon which Yahoo said it had checked and was "safe" but it didn't look right and I think this is when the trouble started

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I appear to have lost 90% of what was on the laptop.

Cheers!
Carolyn

Last edited by Bird_FAT; 04-21-2009 at 01:28 AM.