View Single Post

Old 06-11-2011, 04:13 PM
NISMOJim NISMOJim is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

NISMOJim is on a distinguished road
Default Write to document from Access form

I am not very familiar with the ins & outs of Word, so please be gentle.

I am working in Office 2007 Word & Access. I have a form in Access that the user fills out, then a command button that should open the document and fill in certain areas of the document with the data from the Access form so it can be e-mailed out. I have done this once in the 2003 version of Office and it all still works fine, even after converting to 2007. I copied the VBA code from the old database & put it in the one I'm working on now (changing field names of course), so I don't think that is where the problem is. I can get the document to open as new, but nothing is filled in.

I think the problem is how to place the points I want autofilled on the Word document itself. I believe I used bookmarks in the past, but it doesn't look the same on the new document. It was a grey space between brackets on the other document, now it's just an I-beam when I go to the bookmark.

Does anyone know how I can make this happen, or any links to instructions for 2007? I've searched the help & the forums, but haven't found anything helpful yet.

Thanks for your help.