View Single Post

Old 06-08-2011, 10:17 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2007
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Hi flds,
I've tested the code. The error occurs when the source document has nothing before the first table. Please note that I only made the minimum changes necessary to integrate the code with what you asked for. Reworking the code to handle these conditions correctly will take a small amount of effort - but not today.

On reviewing the code I also found that (aside from the fact that it moves the tables to a new Word document instead of to an Excel workbook) a number of variables weren't defined and the code copies the paragraph following the table to the new document as well. Is that what you wanted? As for moving Word tables to Excel, whilst that's not all that difficult to do in principle, retaining the formatting gets complicated, especially if the Word table has merged cells.

As for the 'Appendix' Section you referred to, do all documents have one? Do the appendices only ever span one Section? Whatever the case, it would probably make sense to process the appendices before deleting the Section breaks.

I've also updated the 'Main' sub to handle documents that may have 0 and >1 TablesOfContents. Finally, contrary to what I had expected to happen, the code isn't deleting the tables in the source document. It will do so if you change:
SrcDocTableRange.Delete
to:
SrcDocTable.Delete