View Single Post

Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 AM
HitchGeneva HitchGeneva is offline Windows Vista Office 2003
Novice

HitchGeneva is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Labels not spacing correctly from Word on Canon i950

I have been trying to print onto A4 paper with 32mm by 70mm labels (3 across by 9 down). There is a 4MM margin on the top, nothing on the sides and 5 mm on the bottom.

I have entered a custom label size from Tools>Letters and Mailing> Envelopes and Labels> Labels > Options. All specs are set correctly. Top margin 4mm, Label Height 32mm, Label width 70mm, Vertical pitch 32mm, Horizontal pitch 70mm, Number across 3, Number down 9, Page size A4 (21 x 29.7 cm)

The page set up looks correct on Word when I view the document and the preview, the top margin, label size, and bottom margin all look right.

When I print on my Canon i950 inkjet the top label is correct, then the spacing is 30mm, not 32mm. Each label starts printing exactly 30mm apart, which makes me think this is not a paper feed issue. So unfortunately, as the print job moves down the page, each label gets offset by 2mm so the bottom prints go across two labels.

I have the most up to date driver for my printer, I have rebooted, and tried to recreate the labels numerous times.

Anyone with any idea why this would/could happen?

thanks in advance to all.