View Single Post

Old 06-01-2011, 07:48 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2007
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orifacious View Post
Is there any way to make it hi-light the placemarker for the endnote in the main text? I find those little guys hard to see in a big text file, and usually hi-light them yellow.
For that you could modify the 'Endnote Reference' Style to have, say, a bold font and yellow shading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orifacious View Post
One minor problem is that the macro doesn't pause at each found instance (and give the option to perform the conversion or else move to the next found instance), but just zips right through the whole file like a bullet.

I have occasionally used those same brackets ( "< >" ) to indicate other things as well --I know, sloppy, and a bad symbol to use anyway, since it's prone to be interpreted in macros as a find function switch rather than an actual character-- so it would be nice if I could pause at each find and decide on a per case basis to perform the endnote conversion or not.
Yes, how sloppy of you

Rather than complicating the macro further, you could use a wildcard Find/Replace with:
Find = (\<)([!\>\<]{1,})(\>)
Replace = {\2}
to change the '<*>' strings you don't want converted to endnotes to '{*}' strings (use something other than '{' and '}' if those characters are already in use), stepping through the Find/Replace process. Then run the macro. If you want to get the '<*>' strings back again afterwards, simply reverse the Find/replace process:
Find = (\{)([!\}\{]{1,})(\})
Replace = <\2>
and this time you won't need to step through.