View Single Post

Old 04-06-2024, 02:02 AM
hank1234 hank1234 is offline Windows 11 Office 2016
Novice

hank1234 is on a distinguished road
Question

I'm currently using a DOTM file that Charles shared on Word 365, but I'm facing some performance issues. It's incredibly slow, taking over a minute just to copy a single style. Additionally, I receive an error message stating, "Microsoft Office has identified a potential security concern," and it mentions that the execution of a macro has been blocked. Interestingly, the notification points to a tmp-file in the AppData / User folder, which doesn't seem to relate to the actual files in use:
C:\Users\[username] \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content .Word\~WRC1782.tmp.
In Task Manager, I notice that there are eight instances of Word open (even though Word doesn't appear to be active).

I've given the DOTM a go with the test files/template mentioned in post 7 of this thread. Also, I had to comment out the lines with wdTmp because they were throwing errors for me.

I'm really hoping to get some insight or assistance from any of the developers here. Has anyone faced similar issues or knows how to work around this? I'm attaching the DOTM file I'm working with to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: dotm Style Copier Application.dotm (101.2 KB, 1 views)