View Single Post

Old 03-26-2024, 12:49 PM
RustyCP RustyCP is offline Windows 10 Office 2007
Novice

RustyCP is on a distinguished road
Default How to print Word with Content Controls data only

I want to print my personal bank checks, instead of hand-writing them. So I want to develop a Word 2007 form in which I want data to be entered in fields created by Content Controls. Then the Word form is to be printed onto a bank check that is pre-fed into the printer's envelope feeder, with only the Word form data, and nothing else from the Word form (like field name, etc.). See the sample attached document that I created with text boxes that prints onto checks fine, but with boxes around the data. Can I print text boxes without the boxes data only? I think I might use Content Controls and have the Word doc show field names, but not print them. Is this possible? Does Word have this printing capability? Thanks in advance for any comments on how I can do this better!
Later addition:
I am attaching a copy of the two checks that I've already printed using text boxes that were precisely positioned on a Word page, so that their data prints properly onto checks that were taped on a blank copy page and fed into a printer. Problem is, as you can see, the text box lines get printed also, not just the data. Does anyone know of a way to stop the text box lines from printing, but not disappearing from the data entry page, so that only the text box data is printed not the lines?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg two sample printed checks with data-3.jpg (137.7 KB, 15 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PersonalCheck printing - data feed -test.pdf (7.0 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by RustyCP; 03-26-2024 at 04:55 PM. Reason: to add attachment that was missing