View Single Post

Old 03-11-2024, 06:08 PM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

I don't recommend a total Windows reinstall to fix this. The fact that opening in Safe Mode should be the clue to solving this.

It sounds like you have a macro (with virus-like behaviour) in one of your templates that is running as you open the application. You say that opening in Safe Mode prevents "routine Windows and VISIO features". I would question what those features are because Visio shouldn't be necessary to provide routine Windows features.

I would be going to the Developer Tab and looking at which COM addins are running and disable any that might appear there. I would also check how you are opening Visio - by default, my Visio opens with the application only and not actually a new document. Then I can choose a template. If you are opening Visio with a new document then I would question what code is included in the template for that new document.