View Single Post

Old 05-25-2011, 07:34 AM
BecciJane BecciJane is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

BecciJane is on a distinguished road
Angry Circular Reference Errors

Since we upgraded to Windows 7 and Office 2010 (I think it's 32 bit although it might show as 64 bit in my info abover) I am having frequent problems with Microsoft Project creating random circluar references whilst the file is closed so when I open it again all my tasks are all over the place and impossible to correct easily!

I use Project daily and have been for years now so I know what I'm doing as far as tasks and links are concerned. I NEVER get circular reference errors whilst I'm in the document, they just pop up when I go back into the file after closing it down. How can this be happening and can anyone recommend a way of stopping it?

The only common denominator I can find is it seems to happen more often when I have moved tasks around but moving them does not cause an issue whilst I am still in the document.

It is really driving me crazy!

I have just today changed from auto scheduling of tasks to manual to see if that makes a difference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by BecciJane; 05-25-2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Remembered something I forgot to mention!