View Single Post

Old 02-16-2024, 04:57 AM
jeffk jeffk is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Advanced Beginner

jeffk is on a distinguished road
Default Additional info

Additional info:

I’ve gone to Settings>Apps>Default Apps & made sure Firefox is the default browser & in "Choose Default Apps By Type" I’ve selected Firefox as default for .html, .htm, etc

I’ve tried both uninstalling/reinstalling Office & run the Office repair process, neither of which have helped

Things I'm wondering about
I have 2 SSDs, C: for all OS & Application files & D: for my personal files…could it be related to this, possibly? Maybe something is responding to this as if it’s two networked computers in an organisation? I’m probably talking nonsense there, but I’m considering anything here

I’ve been looking round C: & found
  • winword.exe_xml, excel.exe_xml, etc (C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16. 0)
  • various .opax files (C:\Users\Admin\admin)
  • various .admx files (C:\Users\Admin\admx)
& wondered if it’s something in there…? From what I’ve read at FileInfo ADMX files are to do with Windows Group Policy but I don't know if that's relevant or what to do if it is…I’m not really sure about the relevance of xml or opax files though & I don’t understand this stuff enough to want to go changing anything without expert guidance

User profiles: there seem to be three, one of which was modified today (…?) & is a lot larger than the others (attached screenshots). Is it normal to have three user profiles & for the sizes to be so different? &, could it be related to the problem I'm having?

Someone has suggested that if bought the Office package from a 3rd party seller “...then the key may be a volume/company license which is already tied to a specific company account & has thus added your pc to their Organisation.” (Definitely not directly from MS, so a 3rd party seller, I guess...I bought it here.) Does this suggestion sound plausable &, if so, what's the solution?

Any further thoughts or suggestions on what the problem is here & how I can resolve it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance